Wednesday, December 19 2007 @ 07:39 PM GMT
Contributed by: Admin
For all players and gameserver-administrators the answers are given on the questions about map and server-related errors in CoD:uo. And to fix some of those problems a special Custom_Map_Fixer.pk3 is made and can be downloaded.
First what errors are we talking about here:
1. The 'weapon file error' a player gets when he/she wants to join a server with custom maps in rotation. The player has the same map as running on the server in the uo-folder.
(Error example used here is: Could not load weapon file 'weapons/mp/dp28_stand_mp' but it can be also the mg30cal_stand_mp, mg34_stand_mp etc. )
In some cases when the player set the download-option in multiplayer on 'ON' the problem will be solved.
Many players dont like all the extra's you get on servers so they have the download-option standard on 'OFF'.
Warning: Recieving all kinds of different versions of same map can lead to an other error: the 'Unpure.pk3'.
And the download of the various modifications will lead to a 'Unpure Client' error.
2. A player has the same map as running on the server and download option is on ON but still he/she gets the 'weapon file error'.
This can be the server that doesnt support autodownloading or the server simply ran out of autodownload-resources.
3. A server-administrator has choosen some nice custom-maps for in the maprotation on the server.
The server's autodownload function gives the players the custom maps that are in the rotation.
But still some players cant join the server because of the 'weapon file error'.
4. When joining a server a new visitor gets the custom map thats is running on that moment but also gets 1 other custom map. Why?
5. A server-admin cant understand why the amount of bandwidth-GB's used by the download function is so high.
This compared with the sizes in MB's of the custom maps used in rotation and the number of new players that come on that server monthly.
And for these 5 above questions there is only just 1 answer.
There is just something missing. Or better said: forgotten.
Most (!) of the custom maps in CoD:UO are missing some weapons files.