Sunday, November 13 2011 @ 12:04 AM UTC
The latest entries on our Solutions for MW3 errors, crashes and install problems page
21. Modern Warfare 3 and DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error
- Right click on the desktop and choose "Preferences"
- Select the "Options" tab
- Click on the "Advanced" button
- Choose the "Troubleshooting" tab
- Lower the "Hardware acceleration" bar to "None"
- Untick the selection box for "Activate combine writing"
- Press "OK" and restart the computer
What the process is doing after this; is that DXDIAG is setting the DXDIAG settings to null.
Now do the same process again as told above, all the 7 steps.
When you have restarted the computer for the second time, now you shouldn't have any problems.
Try downloading and installing DirectX 9.0c on your PC. It will not affect your DirectX 10/11, but it may assist with your issue as it installs DirectX files you may have.
In Steam Games Library/right-click game/Properties/General/Set Launch Options/ put in -dx9 and that will make the game run in a more-compatible DirectX 9 mode.
How to reset the ClientRegistry.blob when needed?
Certain Steam issues may be corrected by renaming the ClientRegistry.blob and restarting Steam.
- Completely exit from the Steam client.
- Go to C:Program FilesSteam (or the Steam directory that was specified during installation).
- Locate ClientRegistry.blob and rename this file to ClientRegistryOld.blob.
- Restart Steam to allow the file to be recreated.
NEW ! And updated info !