Wednesday, September 16 2009 @ 08:39 PM UTC
Compiled information of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 community event Rudedog attended.
The big questions are Mod tools, dedicated server bits as well as Linux support...
- They are all on the list however as of right now it looks like they will not be in the box or released on day 1
How well will IW support the PC side of the game, once released
- They are committed to the PC side of the game and will support it as IW has supported their past titles.
- Their co-op special forces mode will be invite only, no dedicated servers for co-op
- They are currently looking very closely at steam for match making via online play
- They will be using the same type of master servers as Modern Warfare. They are not using GFW
- There will be DLC however it's up to their parent company in regards to how DLC will be distributed (paid, delayed, or sponsored) - nothing has been decieded yet but they are looking to support MW2 for a very long time via DLC
About admin features
- The bad news is there will be a lot of console type features, which Jason did not go into detail. There was not much in regards to dedicated server type features. He did say "some cool features" but was more or less talking about console side of the game and what they would port over to the PC
I asked about the silent treatment towards the PC side of this game.
- I was told it was because they are all hands on deck to get the console game into Microsoft Xbox 360 certification. Once that is done, they will be working on the PC side. It sounded like there was not much done as of yet.... hello the game going to be released soon.
Based on the answer I got above, I asked about the release date for the PC version.
- I was told as of today, it's on schedule and they don't see a delay.