PC Release Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on June 15th
Wednesday, April 04 2012 @ 12:04 AM BST
Contributed by: VRANDAS
Ubisoft has announced that the PC version of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will be released on June 15, 2012.
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier producer Jean-Bernard Jacon has said that while the game is staying true to Tom Clancy’s ideas, it adds plausible future conflicts with some advanced tech that’s currently being tested as prototypes throughout the armies of the world.
Official Video - Ghost Recon Future Soldier - Believe in Ghosts #1 - with Dutch subtitles.
Additionally, they released the suggested and minimum PC specs. See read more for complete list.
A temporary broadband connection will be required for one-time product registration at first launch using the player Uplay account.
From that point on, no permanent connection is required, except for online modes.
The PC version will also contain the following specific features:
- PC high standard visuals (DX11 renderer, new Hi-Quality Assets, new Post Process Effects, multi-monitor solutions support, TriDef stereoscopic support).
- DirectX11 enhanced: Tessellation (for soft 3D models), Compute Shaders-based realistic lighting (for Global Illumination), Volumetric Fog.
- Online Widget: Party, Friends and Ghost Feed functionality can be accessed at any moment from any screen.
- Extended party functionality: simplified and more flexible invitation system.
- Party text Chat.
- Uplay Friends system
- Fully customizable controls for the localized keyboards
Minimum hardware requirements:
- Supported Operating Systems: WindowsXP (with Service Pack 3)/Windows Vista (with Service Pack 2)/ Windows 7(with Service pack 1), both 32 bit & 64 bit versions
- PROCESSOR: Intel Pentium D 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ 2.2Ghz
- RAM: 1GB Windows XP / 2GB Windows Vista or Windows 7
- VIDEO CARD: 256 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card
- DIRECT X: DirectX 9.0c
- DVD-ROM DRIVE: DVD-ROM speed 4x, dual-layer drive
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c – compliant sound card
- HDD space : 25 GB
- CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q9450/ AMD Phenom II X4 940 or higher
- RAM: 2 GB Windows XP / 3 GB Windows Vista & 7
- Graphics Card: 1024 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card based on nVidia GeForce GTX 460 or AMD/ATi HD 5850 or better