First-Person Shooter Game News
Monday, August 10 2009 @ 10:35 PM BST
Contributed by: Admin
Infinity Ward Launches New Site
by Russ Frushtick
The makers of what is still one of the most popular Xbox Live games (more than a year after its release), Call of Duty 2, have gone ahead and launched a brand new website with a collection of nifty features for fans of the WWII FPS. Infinity Ward's newest site, allows for users to create squads, listen to podcasts and read up on modding tutorials. For the full list of features, here's the official release from the developer:
Calling all soldiers...for the latest intel on all things Infinity Ward head to the company's new website located at www.infinityward.com. Re-launched from the award-winning developers, the updated home base offers a virtual armory of community-focused features, including social networking, podcasts, developer modding tutorials and more.
"We worked with our fans to create a web site that speaks to their interests," said 402, community manager for Infinity Ward. "We've put an emphasis on communication, networking and support tools in order to create an environment where fans can stay informed, express themselves and connect with one another."
The re-launched website offers a bevy of new features, including:
- Squad-Building: Users will be empowered to create and build their own squads for Call of Duty 2. The customizable Squad mini-site profiles will include private squad chat rooms and forums, along with rosters, photos and profiles and the ability to set up events, send out challenges, recruit and more.
- Social Networking: Users can set up personalized accounts and create/update their profile, build a network of friends, upload photos, send email, post events, create/manage clubs, maintain a personal calendar and more.
- Podcasts: Download regular interviews straight from the team at Infinity Ward. They'll address questions and comments from the community, as well as offer featured interviews.
- Developer/Modding Tutorials: Tips and tricks for modeling, scripting, mapping and modding in all forms are available here.
- FAQ/Suggestion System: Got a question or suggestion? Community members can search for the answer here; if the answer can't be found, questions can be posted.
- Server Admin./Modding Sections: Tips and tricks, plus useful information and help for the more proactive player.
- Montage Mayhem: A forum for members to show their skills on film by posting their own tricked-out gameplay movies.