Thursday, January 10 2008 @ 11:20 PM GMT
Contributed by: Admin
To the Call of Duty Community:
As you recall, back in December, we announced plans to incorporate Punkbuster, as well as offer some MP maps to the PC version for Call of Duty 2.
We're happy to report that this PC update is currently in testing and all is going well. In fact, we are testing these now and will be releasing them soon, so stay tuned.
With regards to the update, here are a few things to look forward to:
- Punkbuster functionality
- Two new multiplayer maps.
- HTTP redirect in multiplayer, which adds an option for modders to send players to an external website to download their maps and mods.
- Repair of multiplayer exploits and minor bug fixes
- We're also putting finishing touches on the map editing tools for the game and will have those out very soon as well.
On the Xbox 360 side, we're also happy to tell you that we're very close to releasing our second Title Update, improving the Xbox Live multiplayer functionality. Here's what's coming in that update:
- Player Lag has been addressed
- Private Game Lobbies / Reserved Slots
- Enable Live Host to set custom game options
- Map Preferences setting
- Post Game Lobbies (players at end of match will return to lobby)
- Enemy Player Name Notification
- Kick Player (host ability)
- Lobby Game Type, Map and Host Notification
Again, thank you for your support and stay tuned for future updates!
- [IW] jRandom (aka Grant Collier) - Infinity Ward